What we do…
RREA is a special purpose company formed to originate, develop, project manage, finance and commission, new hybrid renewable energy projects with a focus on regional Australia load centres.
- Traditional developer type services targeting moderate scale developments accommodated in existing transmission networks;
- Identification of suitable development sites reflecting, local environment and commercial considerations;
- A focused approach to attain on cost, on time and on yield developments;
- Leveraging off the skill basis and active participation of a proven development team;
- Partnering with recognised institutional investors who intend to hold the developments for the long term.
Each project has a unique timeline but the typical steps are an assessment of;
- Grid capacity;
- Landowner interest;
- Resource verification;
- Community consultation;
- Preliminary design;
- Design feedback and iterations;
- Survey work for constraints;
- Reiterate design for constraints;
- Landowner approval of design;
- Submit to Planning Authority;
- Further information or design changes;
- Public Notification of Planning application;
- Planning process involving submissions and or hearings;
- Equipment selection;
- Connection agreement;
- Financial Close and construction;
- Operations and maintenance; and
- Decommissioning and or re-powering.
The benefits will vary by project but using a 16 turbine wind farm with say 22MW DC of co-located solar and 3 to 5 battery containers as a small to medium scale example- in Victoria – the indicative numbers are;
- Greenhouse Gas Savings/Year: approximately 220,000 tonnes CO2 equivalent.
- Homes Powered: approximately 54,000 homes.
- Annual output up to 350 to 380 GWh pa.
- 377 FTE positions during construction directly and indirectly.
- 18.8 ongoing direct FTE positions both directly and indirectly in local community.